Monday, May 24, 2010

a brief update

I've taken an unintentional hiatus from blogging. I'm going to blame it on moving, unpacking, illness and... well a general lack of inspiration. Things are looking better around here, but there's still plenty of organizing to be done. Inadequate shelving is partially to blame for the time it's taking me to get unpacked.:) Between books, movies and records we need a ridiculous amount of shelving.

We are loving the Zionsville area and are very happy to have located here. My work commute is about half the time and is a much less stressful drive. I'm enjoying not having to get on the interstate at all.:)

We acquired a pair of old yellow his and her cruiser bikes from craigslist (I'll post pictures soon) and, after a few minor repairs, have been taking advantage of the nice weather and biking on the trail that goes behind the apartment complex. It's been a lot of fun!

With the move I haven't been to my studio as much as I would like, but I've still been able to get a few projects done and have a few larger paintings in the works. I recently finished this piece for submission to a show at the Harrison Center in August. We'll see what happens. The painting was done on book covers with ink & acrylic. The separate pieces are bound together with a leather like cord. This photo isn't the best, but it's extremely difficult to take an accurate photo of a painting. You get the idea though.:)



2 comments:

Heather L. said...

I love your new painting!!!

Stephanie said...

I'm really digging the painting!

I think I need you to create some bookcover pieces for the wall around my desk. Perhaps some writing inspiring paintings. The area's a bit of a mess right now, but I want to clean it up and create a conducive environment for creating...I think paintings could be involved with that, don't you?